2022 Drivers Education: Students that are 14 years old by January 1, 2022 can register for the 2022 classroom sessions. This will prepare them to take their written test for the learner's (drivers) permit.
Students that have turned 15 years old, have their learner's permit and have not yet registered for Behind the Wheel can register for the 2022 Behind the Wheel sessions.
Please see the Parent/Student letter in the link above with the calendar dates for our 2022 (coming soon) classroom sessions and information about this year's program.
Parents please click on the Drivers Ed Registration Form button below to complete your son/daughter's registration form for the 2022 classroom and Behind the Wheel sessions. Please complete the registration form by Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
Questions? Email the instructor at email@example.com or call/text 218.469.1375
RLF School is still working to serve students in Drivers Education. We do have some limitations to follow for pandemic safety - and we do follow the school's protocols, such as when the high school goes to distance learning, Behind the Wheel gets put on hold.
Here are some things to know as you move forward:
1. Need to take your WRITTEN or PERMIT / knowledge test?
You can schedule to go to an open EXAM STATION (currently our closest are Bemidji, Detroit Lakes and Moorhead). You schedule your in person test HERE.
* Once you pass it, you need to take that documentation to the Drivers License Office at the courthouse in RLF and apply for your permit. They are open from 9-5 Monday-Friday. You need to bring your BLUE card, your social security number, IDs and a parent/guardian. If you get a confirmation letter from the online test - print & bring that with you, as well.
* As soon as you get your permit, email your instructor to get on the Behind the Wheel schedule. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Have your permit & need to complete Behind the Wheel?
* Let the instructor know you have your permit & are ready to do your 6 hours - email@example.com Mr. Rath will contact you, using signup genius for sign up. Pick 3 times (2 hours each time.)
3. Need to take your ROAD TEST?
* You need to be at least 16, have had your permit for 6 months, and completed Behind the Wheel.
* You can schedule to go to an open EXAM STATION (currently our closest are Bemidji , Detroit Lakes and Moorhead). You schedule your ROAD test HERE. You will need your permit number off of your permit card to schedule this.
* You will need your WHITE card, your ID, a vehicle and parent/guardian.
4. Need to get your FARM PERMIT?
You CANNOT schedule this online. You need to call the State Driver Vehicle Services office at 651-284-1234 and they can assist you with scheduling this.
In Classroom: Are you (or your daughter / son) turning 14 soon? Are you looking forward to getting your permit? If you are 14 Jan 1, 2022 you can sign up. Then you need to take our classroom sessions. These are 30 hours & are typically hosted in the winter, with 10 sessions of 3 hours each. This year's classes will be held in person on the following dates: February 28, March 1, March 2, March 3, March 7, March 8, March 9, March 14, March 15, March 16, March 17, March 21, March 22, and March 23, 2022.
6. Are you a parent and looking to take the Parent Session?
Parent session will be held
7. Have another specific question? Please email the instructor below & ask!
RLF Drivers Ed Instructor